The 7 Days of Eyeshield 21

Buahahahahahaahha.

This was probably the worst kept secret ever. From my brainstorms of the idea on twitter, to my initial discussions with some friends on msn, this was pretty much out in the open from day one. But still, ideas are nothing without execution and I’ve been looking forward to today for quite some time now.

This “7 Days of Eyeshield 21” or “Eyeshield 21 Awareness Week” or whatever you wanna call it has been sitting in the back of my mind for years now. I initially wanted to create this during the blog’s inception, but due to the lack of exposure of the blog and what not, I felt that it would be lost in the shuffle. This anniversary gave me the perfect platform to release this idea and I’m really excited to finally get things rolling.

People blog for many reasons; be it exposure, fame, building friendships etc but getting Eyeshield out there in the open was one of the main reasons why I started my blog journey. Lately I’ve been stepping up on the plugging, subtly or otherwise, since I felt that I needed to go back to one of my initial loves. I even made a couple of deals with some friends just to have them read it. Yes, I’m that desperate. I have succeeded with some people, I failed badly with others but that’s just how it is. The fact that I’ve recently got two more people to join the Eyeshield camp was good enough for me and the fact that they both love it is just that much sweeter. If I can get more people to read it this week, then I will have considered this birthday bash a success.

So, what will happen this week is that I will release a series of posts relating with Eyeshield 21. I say that it will happen during 7 days, but I’m not really sure how long it will last. 7 is probably the minimum, since I have a tonne of ideas and posts lined up. Worse comes to worse, I’ll just have to release multiple posts a day. To keep everything somewhat organized, this post will serve as the hub of my Eyeshield posts. I will reveal each post every day in the list below so in the future, I can just refer people to this post when I try to promote ES21 more.

Day 01

Day 02

Day 03

Day 04

Day 05

Day 06

Day 07

Bonus

The End?

Well that’s about it for now. Day One starts later today and at the end of day seven there will be a nice surprise for you readers (if everything goes to plan). This is gonna be fun for me, and as I’ve never done anything remotely close to this before, please bear with my fangasming.

I hope you enjoy this week as much as I will. Who knows, maybe I can make a fan out of you yet.

2 Comments
  1. Overcooled 4 years ago

I like being given recommendations, that's less bad stuff I have to sort through to find the gems. Sometimes it takes a while for me to get around to reading/watching stuff though. Anyways, I may just have to be yet another agent of converting people into Eyeshieldism.

7 days of ES1? I am excite.

• Bass 4 years ago

Lol Eyeshieldsim. I should coin that.

You were one of the first to finish the recommendation so you should feel honoured to be in the club haha

2. Funk 4 years ago

Oh you and your love for Eyeshield 21.

3. blindability 4 years ago

“Eyeshield 21 Awareness Week” … I feel like there should be pamplets out about this, haha. I already love Eyeshield 21 so I'm going to enjoy this just as much as you. Maybe I'll go back and re-read some of the chapters and relive some of the glory of the Devil Bats. Oh man this is such a great series.

• Bass 4 years ago

If I had the web skills to make those interactive online pamphlets I so would. Actually, I may eventually make a graphic for it or something. I like to make graphical stuff haha.

I reread chapters again recently to refresh my memory for this week lol. It was awesome

4. Ruby 4 years ago

Whoa even changing the header and your avatar for this… wow.. Bass you are too.. obsessed! XD I'm still stuck on chapt 100, can you plz give me some hint of what epic-ness lies ahead? maybe it'll give me some motivation to continue :p

• Bass 4 years ago

You are nowhere close to the good stuff. Its good now, but it gets EPIC later.

New characters, awesome matches. I dunno how to explain but it just gets uber awesome very soon :)

5. Fuu 4 years ago

Last seven chapters. D: Admittedly, the all star matches pale in comparison to the previous ones but I'm still expecting an awesome ending. I'm already sullen enough on normal days but this is gonna sting. ;__;

• Bass 4 years ago

Yea, I think the climax of the manga was right before the final of the regular season, but it doesnt mean the end isnt awesome. Its a great fanservice and unfortunately, it was a bit rushed cos the manga was ending I think. Jump wanted it to finish quickly so the matches leading up to the finals of the all stars were very meh.

Still fun though

And no pressure on that thing too.
      I'll pester you more later on msn :P

6. Fuu 4 years ago

PS: I'll try to get something written over this weekend but no promises yah? :p

• Bass 4 years ago

Haha no prob dude. I'll pester you more later on msn :P

7. baka_girl 4 years ago

Hahaha I *knew* it!
    Good thing I like it, so I might enjoy your ES21 post :D
    Hope you mention my fave arc, the fight between Deimon Devil Bats & Hakushu Dinosaurs!

• Bass 4 years ago

Oh you loved that match too huh? No spoilers, but it will be mentioned at some point in one of the posts haha

8. Tofu 4 years ago

ROFL! Oh Bass, you can't call something like this a secret, it's too obvious to be a secret xD It's like me and K-ON (maybe even more than me…) :P I personally like ES21 but it's just way too long… I don't have to time man, I wish I could man but I just can't D: Schools are a drag…

• Bass 4 years ago

Lol you're missing out bro, that's all I can say

9. Noblesse 4 years ago

I've been aware of Eyeshield 21 for quite some time. I have read the synopsis, i have read character profiles, i even scoured TVTropes, but nothing makes me want to read or watch this, its not that i dislike it or anything, i think its the length.

Maybe something you will post in 7 days will tip me over the edge and i'll want to watch it, i look forward to the posts :)

• Bass 4 years ago

You should break it down into pieces, that's what I'm currently doing with Gintama which also has 300+ chapters.

I mentally divide them into 50 chapter bits, that way it doesn't seem that intimidating.

If not, fingers crossed I do have something that may catch your eye this week :P

10. foomafoo 4 years ago

What is this Bass.. I don't even…
    Haha, now now.. I'll need this before I read it, make sure you make this enticing. haha.

• Bass 4 years ago

For sure. I plan to make this a one stop shop for all things Eyeshield 21.

Cept for the anime of course. Didn't really like it's adaptation :P

11. Ness 4 years ago

The name of this blog should just be es21.com or something hahaha. Pretty cool idea though, 7 days of ES21. Awesome and interesting. Looking forward to what else you'll pull out about ES21.

• Bass 4 years ago

Lol I wish.

Have you been doing you pre-reading Nessy? :P

12. Jamie 4 years ago

OH! I'M SO HAPPY! i just have been so misses eyeshield 21 since it's my fave manga ever!!
    all i can say is AWESOME and THANKS

13. Summelbaerli 4 years ago

I LOVE THIS! ES21 is waaaay too underrated Dx

• Author
      Bass 4 years ago

I know what you mean >_< I've been trying to get people to read it for 5 years now. The only way it works is to make deals with them. It's like I'm the devil or something and it sucks cos this is a really damn good series "OTL

You should help me out :P
      My recent post Tofu’s Top 10 Anime of 2010

14. global-wolf 4 years ago

So I found your blog while searching up C.A.T., and then I see Eyeshield at the bottom…asghfahjgfjadgaskjh I love you already <333 I've tried making deals with people to get them to read it too, but even then they're like “eww football.”

15. Otaku-chama 3 years ago

EEEEEH? WAIT A MINUTE!!!! You know your top 10 characters or whatever and you were talking about Musashi's haircut? How did you get the omake for that? I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE!!!!!!!

16. It is just like you read through my head! You gaze to grasp a great deal about this, just like you wrote the actual e-book there as well. I feel you could use a number of Per-cent to push the content house a bit more, nonetheless aside from that, it is fantastic site. A very good examine. I\’ll absolutely come back.

17. condominios en playa 2 years ago

It is just like you read through my head! You gaze to grasp a great deal about this, just like you wrote the actual e-book there as well. I feel you could use a number of Per-cent to push the content house a bit more, nonetheless aside from that, it is fantastic site. A very good examine. I'll absolutely come back.

18. condominios en playa 2 years ago