Hello minna-san! Glad you guys could join me for this special post! Why is it special? Because this is Sekijitsu’s first post related to Seitokai Yakuindomo! For those who don’t know what Seitokai Yakuindomo (SYD) is, let me give you a brief synopsis.
SYD originated from the 4-koma and consists of short, comedic gags throughout the series. You could say it’s got the same concept as other animes such as: Seitokai no Ichizon, B Gata H Kei and Mitsudomoe. Be warned, these aren’t just ordinary comedic gags but sexual comedic gags used in SYD to entertain their audiences.
The gags play out amongst the 4 members in the student council: Shino (Hikasa Youko), Suzu (Yahagi Sayuri), Aria (Satou Satomi) and Takatoshi being the main (Asanuma Shintaro). Without further ado, let us begin!
There’s really not much to say about SYD considering it has no real flow of events, just random short gags. Although most were hilarious, some of them I didn’t understand or felt plain throughout the series. Also to note, SYD was supposed to be in my Top 10 post but was beaten by The World God Only Knows.
As of any hate or dislikes, I have none. SYD is a great comedic series if you don’t find sexual gags disturbing. Although it doesn’t have much of a story since it’s based off a 4-koma (then again, K-On was based off a 4-koma too) it was still a had a great development as their school life goes by throughout the series. If you’re a person who likes these sort of stuff, I highly recommend SYD to you!
Notable hilarious gags that Seitokai pulled off well in the OVA (in my case):
- Shino having the urge to pull up her skirt in a school assembly
- Suzu putting on the ‘senpai’ act towards Takatoshi’s little sister
- Shina showing Takatoshi’s little sister different places at school usable for sex
- Suzu’s best friend mistaking an earthquake occurring only to realize it’s just the vibrator she has inside of her
- The Robot Research club showing off indecent material to recruit new members
- Suzu’s friend developing a ‘skin peeling’ machine… you know what I mean
- Shino falling to the floor because her foot felt like a ‘erogenous zone’
- Suzu hitting Takatoshi for treating her like a kid
- Suzu raging over 1mm being important
- Suzu being too short to be seen at most times
- At the end of the ED! (What type of fast singing is that!?)
After the ED, we cut to a short scene where a new character is introduced! Could this be a hint to a second season? I hope so because SYD is a great comedic series. I’m guessing you all think I’m some pervert who really enjoys sexual comedy, I can’t blame you if you find sexual comedy as indecent and wrong. I want to say that I’m not a pervert but I do enjoy many forms of comedy, sexual comedy is just one of them. We all have different tastes so it’s understandable if you like it or dislike it.
Now most of you know I’m a big fan of Hikasa Yoko right? If you don’t, you just did! Hikasa Yoko voices Shino in SYD thus she’s my favourite character in SYD. Two scenes where I squealed (not literally) because of Shino were:
- When Shino had cue-cards ready for the broadcast, she became more and more sad when Takatoshi continued to reject her cue-cards.
- When Shino did a head tilt at the end while clueless of what’s happening.
I’m the type of guy who really enjoys cute and fluffy moments. Regarding the first dot point, can that be classified as sadistic? Am I a sadist? I could be. You never know… My love for Hikasa originated from Mio Akiyama (K-On!) who will always be my favourite character! If you take a look at my “K-On Art” post, you’ll be able to find the reason behind why I like her so much.
Before we head off, I have to announce that the “Sekijitsu doing a podcast” announcement was a LIE! For those who thought it was real, I believe you just got trolled! No harsh feelings. Bye guys!